Sakurajima Mammoth ,GIANT Radish SEEDS –, Asian Vegetable !
Giant White Radish - Largest Radish in the World
- Used in pickling and cooking.
- Cool season annual
- Approx. 150-200 seeds in packet. (A seed will vary in weight and size within a given seed lot. The number of seeds stated is only an estimate.)
- 26,000 seed count per pound.
- Maturity: Approx. 80-90 days
- Planting season: Late summer
This mammoth, round, white root has a mild, sweet flavor. Grown in Japan as the "Largest Radish in the World," it sometimes reaches 100 pounds. Used for pickling and cooking, this giant originated in the very southern tip of Japan Sakurajima region. Although it does not store well, the inner core remains crisp and juicy, even if the outer part becomes pithy.Prepare fertile, well-drained soil. Sow seeds in late summer in a warm, sunny location. Keep soil moist. Fertilize as needed. Harvest when roots are approximately 10" in diameter.