White Lablab purpureus Seeds ,Asian Vegetable, Flowers Vine
The hyacinth bean is a great choice for your trellis, Edible, ornamental Vine
Hyacinth Bean Vine is a a fast growing, flowering vine, with pretty White flowers. If you're looking for an annual flowering vine that grows at a stellar pace, the Hyacinth Bean Vine is for you. It grows 10' - 15' in a single season!
- Hyacinth Bean Vine is easy to grow. Flowers bloom from summer through fall white colors. Butterflies are attracted to the bright blooms.
As a flowering vine, they need some type of support to climb. A trellis or fence works well. The support should be big enough to support ten to fifteen feet of vine growth.
- They are a food crop in India and Other parts of the world.
- They are a food crop in India and Other parts of the world. Young pods can be sliced or used whole and taste better when they are slightly over-cooked. Always cook hyacinth beans well before eating.
Warning: Hyacinth beans have naturally occuring cyanogenic\glucoside (a plant compound that contains sugar and produces cyanide.) Humans or animals should never eat raw hyacinth beans. Always cook hyacinth beans well before eating because heat alters the cyanogenic glucosides.
How to Grow and Care for Hyacinth Bean Vine
Hyacinth Bean Vine are grown from seeds. Sow Hyacinth Bean Vine seeds directly into your flower garden after all danger of frost has past. Plant seeds 1 1/2" deep. Final plant spacing should be six inches apart.
Seeds germination period requires two to three weeks. For indoor starts, try a seedling germination mat.
Do not plant seeds until after the last frost date your area. Plants are susceptible to frost.
How to Grow Hyacinth Bean Vine:
Hyacinth Bean Vine is easy to grow. Grow in full sun. Plants prefer a rich, well draining soils to fuel their fast, season long growth. Mix a healthy dose of compost into the soil prior to planting.
Plants like a lot of water and nutrients. While they like lots of water, they do not like wet soil. Keep soil moist, not wet. Add fertilizer when planting and every month during the season. Use a high phosphorous formula just before the first blooming period.
Plants will begin to bloom in summer, and continue to do so into the fall. After the flowers bloom, green pods will begin to form. They grow up to three inches. Raw beans inside are poisonous. Keep away from children and pets
• Season: Perennial
• USDA Zones: 9 - 11
• Height: 96 inches
• Bloom Season: Mid summer to fall
• Bloom Color: White
• Environment: Full sun
• Soil Type: Soil can by sandy or clayish, well drained soil, pH 4.5 - 7.5
• Temperature: 65 - 70F
• Average Germ Time: 10 - 20 days
• Light Required: No
• Depth: 1/2 inch - 1 inch deep
• Sowing Rate: 2 seeds per plant
• Moisture: Keep seeds moist until germination
• Plant Spacing: 12 inches