STRAWBERRY SEEDS (Fragaria ananassa) bright red fruit has great flavor (Organic seeds) - Perennial !
The Alpine Strawberry plant is the most common type of strawberries grown from seed. Once you try fresh strawberries, you will see growing them at home is worth the effort. It also can provide you with organic strawberries. Growing them yourself, you can be 100% sure they are pesticide free.
Starting strawberries from seed, is a an inexpensive method to grow strawberries. Strawberries started from seed will start producing fruit in their second year, if started in early spring.
To begin planting your own strawberry seeds, get started with step one.
1. After buying the strawberry seeds, place them in the freezer for 2 weeks. This will improve the percentage of seeds that will germinate, when you plant them. Freezing stimulates the natural process of the seed going through the winter months and will help jump start the strawberry seeds when you plant them.
2. Prepare your seed tray. The soil should be 1/2 an inch deep. A mixture of 3/4 peat moss and 1/4 organic rich soil is just right to start the strawberries.
3. Sprinkle the seeds over the damp soil mixture and add a light dusting of peat moss over the top. The meat moss should completely cover the strawberry seeds, but not too thick.
4. Keep the seeds moist and in direct sunlight. The strawberry seeds can take 2-3 weeks to germinate. Once the strawberry plants have sprouted,wait for the 3rd true leaves to transplant into bigger containers.
5. When the 3rd leaves have appeared, you will want to transplant the strawberry plants into larger pots. If weather permits, the plants can be planted right outside. Continue to care for the plants, keeping it well drained and moist and providing slightly alkaline soil.
Pinch off the flowers
Strawberries will usually produce a few fruits in the first year, but ideally You want to allow them time to establish and become stronger, therefore during the first year, remove any flowers that the plant may produce.
If you allow it to put all its energy into getting stronger rather than producing fruit in the first year - it will thank you the following year by producing a significantly increased crop.
Materials: garden,planting,spring,season,STRAWBERRY,SEEDS,Fragaria ananassa,bright red fruit,vine,Perennia,Fruit,red fruit,plant