Primrose Seeds - Showy Evening (Yellow) Winter hardy to zone 4,Perennial Flowers
- Combined shipping applies to order paid for together . International buyers please check with your local customs office regarding regulations and allowances on plant seeds. I cannot be responsible for anything seized by customs or irradiated by your local post office.
- All international shipments will be sent First Class Mail International. You will be provided with a tracking number but please remember that international shipments take longer to arrive. If you have any questions about shipping, ordering, or the plants themselves, please feel free to send me a message. While I do not claim to know everything, I will be more than glad to answer any questions I can either from my own extensive experience or will do my best to try to find an answer for you.
MISSOURIEvening Primrose Seeds
Oenothera macrocarpa a.k.a. O. missouriensis
Certainly one of the most beautiful of the Evening Primrose flowers, it produces clear yellow paper thin blossoms up to 5 inches across from June to September. Grows to 12 inches tall with soft velvety leaves and a sprawling habit. Winter hardy to zone 4. Grows nicely with Gaillardia, 'Blue Queen' Salvia, 'Fuji Blue' Balloon Flower, 'Blue Select' Fescue, and 'Telham Beauty' Campanula.
Evening Primrose (Oenothera Lamarckiana) - What a treasured wildflower that has naturalized throughout the United States. Evening Primrose is easily propagated from flower seed, and it does wonders when planted in a meadow or along a fence line. Oenothera Evening Primrose gets its name because it opens in the late afternoon and stays opened throughout the evening. It has light yellow blooms that measure over 2 inches across, and they have a rich scent that attracts bees, butterflies and birds.
Evening Primrose is an annual wildflower with a fairly short bloom period. Its flowers may be seen in May and June, with the peak being mid-May.They prefer a sunny area with well-drained soil. They are liberal self-sowers, spreading their own flower seed, so after they are done blooming.
How To Grow Evening Primrose From Seed: To sow Evening Primrose seeds outdoors, prepare weed-free soil and loosen the top 1 - 2 inches. Spread the flower seed and rake them into the soil only lightly covering. Sow Oenothera Primrose seeds in early spring or late fall. Evening Primrose Flower Care: In the spring, before flowering, apply a compost as a fertilizer around the plants. After flowering, cut back the Primrose plants after blooming is done to reduce the spreading.
- Approximate seeds per pound:3,200,000
- Season: Perennial
- USDA Zones: 6 - 10
- Height: 12 - 16 inches
- Bloom Season: Late spring and summer
- Bloom Color: Yellow
- Environment: Full sun to partial shade
- Soil Type: Well-drained, pH 5.8 - 6.8
- Deer Resistant: Yes
- Temperature: 65 - 70F
- Average Germ Time: 20 - 45 days
- Light Required: Yes
- Depth: Do not cover the seed but press into the soil
- Sowing Rate: 2 - 3 seeds per plant or sow this wild flower seed at 1 lb per acre
- Moisture: Keep seeds moist until germination
- Plant Spacing: 12 - 18 inches