PIGEON PEA Seeds,Gandules Bean,Jamaican Gungo/ Congo Peas,
PIGEON PEA Seeds , Also known as Gandules Bean, Jamaican Gungo/ Congo Peas tropical green pea ,( Cajanus cajan ) Heirloom Seeds~ Perennial
The pigeon pea (Cajanus cajan), also known as Gandule bean, tropical green pea, kadios, Congo pea, gungo pea, gunga pea, fio-fio, mgbá»¥mgbá»¥, or no-eye pea, toor dal, kandi pappu,mbaazi is a perennial rPlant
PIGEON PEA BEAN (Cajanus Indicus), also known as Congo Pea, African heirloom that migrated to the Caribbean and then made its home in the American South.
Plant produces high yields of flavorful pigeon peas. Pigeon Peas can be served in the same manner as green peas or cowpeas, combining them with other vegetables. Peas 'n' Rice is a dish made in the Bahamas . It includes onions, celery, tomatoes, rice and pigeon peas. Pigeon peas are important commercially in India. It Popular Throughout the Caribbean for make soup,And the famous Jamaican Rice And Peas !
Plant as you would in the same manner as cowpeas. Most pigeon peas are harvested in the dry stage and marketed as dried peas.
This variety will succeed under hot growing conditions. Where intercropping is followed, we recommend a Cotton - Pigeon pea cultivation. A Cotton/Pigeon Pea crop combination allows the food legume to benefit from the insecticide spraying applied on the cotton crop and cotton takes advantage of the nitrogen fixing ability of pigeonpea.
Pigeon peas are remarkably drought resistant, tolerating dry areas. A variety developed in India. Disease Resistant
Can Start Indoor 4-6 Weeks Before the Last Frost
HOW TO GROW
How to grow pigeon peas?
- Pigeon pea is a perennial shrub that grows 5 to 7 ft tall.
- Select a location that receives at least 4 hours of direct sunlight each day.
- Plant pigeon pea seeds 1 inch deep and 12 inch apart after danger of frost is gone. Pigeon peas can also be started indoors in a pot and then taken outside once the weather has warmed up.
- Seeds germinate in about 15-20 days. Plants will flower in about 10-15 weeks.
- Pods grow in big clusters at the end of branches in about 15 to 20 weeks.
- Pick the pods green for fresh peas or leave them on the plant to dry.
120 days to Harvest.
I finally received the seeds. I was disappointed with how long it took to arrive. However once arrival I planted the next day.
Thank you. Not sure if I will order again due to over 1 month to arrive.
Sprouted within 5 days of been planted.
So happy, my seeds have sprouted already after abt 1 and 1/2 weeks. Can't wait for my first harvest. Got my shipment quickly considering ordering during a pandemic.