Japanese Chard Seeds"Umaina" Withstand Hot&Cold Temperatures,Very Slow To Bolt.
Umaina- Japanese Chard
Beta vulgaris subsq cicla group
- An unusual Japanese variety of Silverbeet/Chard with glossy lime green leaves on pale green stems.
- Leaves and stems are sweet succulent and tender.
- Tolerant of warm and cold growing conditions, it is slow to bolt and will over winter well in mild areas.
Good for fresh market and home garden growing.
- Maturity: Approx. 55 days
- Planting season: Late spring to early summer or fall
- Cultivation: Prepare fertile, well-drained soil. Sow seeds in spring/summer after last frost in a warm, sunny location or partial shade in hot areas. In temperate areas, sow in late summer/early fall as well. Keep soil moist. Fertilize as needed. Harvest whole plant or single leaves when 5-6" tall. Plants will continue to produce new growth at the center.