Iwai Daikon RADISH SEED, Asian Vegetable
- Cool season annual
- Approx. 100 seeds in packet. (A seed will vary in weight and size within a given seed lot. The number of seeds stated is only an estimate.)
- 21,000 seed count per pound.
- Maturity: Approx. 50 days
- Use raw or pickled. This variety is often added to soups and simmered until soft.
- Planting season: Late summer/early fall
Unique for its small size, this traditional Japanese radish has long been a favorite for New Year’s celebrations. The long white root grows to a slender 1" diameter at the base of a clump of lovely green leaves. It carries the designation Yamato yasai, which means it has been selected as a Nara traditional vegetable.
Use raw or pickled. This variety is often added to soups and simmered until soft.