Forget Me Not -White FLOWERS, Groundcover
Forget Me Not (Myosotis Alpestris White) -One of the most popular filling plants for spring bedding, often seen planted in the company of wallflowers or tulips. Excellent for ground cover and thrives in moist soils.
- Easy to grow from flower seeds.
- Sow in late spring to early summer outdoors in a well prepared seed-bed.
- Can be scatter sown in any border or area to achieve ground cover.
- Sow thinly 3mm deep in drills 30cm apart.
- Keep moist and thin to 10cm between plants.
- Transfer to final flowering position in late autumn.
What a charming little treasure for the spring garden! White Forget-Me-Not is quite easy to grow from flower seeds. It has multiple, somewhat bristly stems densely covered by delicate white flowers with yellow eyes, and hairy gray-green foliage. This perennial plant is a sweet little addition to the early flowering garden.
Directly sow Forget Me Not flower seeds in prepared soil in the garden in spring. Press the seeds into the soil and very lightly cover the flower seeds with fine soil. Keep the seeds moist until germination. When seedlings appear, thin to 9 - 12 inches apart. Water Forget-Me-Not plants weekly, and apply an application of a balanced liquid fertilizer in the spring. In cold climates, mulching in the fall will help the plants survive the winter. In milder climates,
Forget-Me-Not plants need no winter protection. Forget-me-not plants dry completely in the heat of summer and their seeds fall to the ground. These Forget-me-not flower seeds germinate the following spring to create even more beautiful new Forget-me-not plants.
- Season: Perennial
- USDA Zones: 3 - 8
- Height: 12 inches
- Bloom Season: Spring to summer
- Bloom Color: White
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Environment: Full sun to partial shade
- Soil Type: Moist, pH 6.1 - 7.8
- Deer Resistant: Yes
- Temperature: 68 - 72F
- Average Germ Time: 10 - 20 days
- Light Required: No
- Depth: 1/16 inch
- Sowing Rate: 2 ounces per 1,000 square feet or 5 pounds per acre
- Moisture: Keep seed moist until germination
- Plant Spacing: 9 - 12 inche