FAIRWAY YELLOW Coleus Seeds Chartreuse leaves with softer yellow veins.
FAIRWAY YELLOW - Coleus Seeds
Chartreuse leaves with softer yellow veins.
Remarkable foliage color, and easily grown form Coleus seeds, this annual is a reliable summer performer that gardeners depend on for their shady borders. Find a sunny window sill, and Coleus plants will perform nicely indoors. Originating in Africa and Indonesia, exotic looking Coleus plants perform well as shade garden plants, in pots and containers, and in hanging baskets. Coleus plants need a partially shady setting. They prefer moist, rich soil, but good drainage is important. Coleus plants will produce flowers that are not particularly noteworthy. Most gardeners remove the flowers as they form to keep the foliage healthy and growing. If you allow the flowers to grow, hummingbirds and butterflies will visit as they are rich in nectar.
- Season: Annual
- USDA Zones: 4 - 10
- Height: 12 inches
- Bloom Season: Spring through fall
- Foliage Color: YELLOW
- Environment: Partial shade to full shade
- Soil Type: Moist, well-drained, pH 5.6 - 7.5
- Temperature: 70 - 75F
- Average Germ Time: 10 - 14 days
- Light Required: Yes
- Depth: Do not cover
- Sowing Rate: 2 - 3 seeds per plant
- Moisture: Keep seeds moist until germination
- Plant Spacing: 6 - 9 inches