Creeping Thyme Seeds ,Thymus Serpyllum, Perennial Ground cover
Creeping Thyme Seeds - Magic Carpet - Thymus Serpyllum- Perennial Ground cover !
- Thymus serpyllum, known by the common names of Breckland thyme, wild thyme or creeping thyme, is a species of flowering plant in the mint family Lamiaceae, native to most of Europe and North Africa.
- Scientific name: Thymus serpyllum
Creeping Thyme (Thymus Serpyllum Magic Carpet) - If you have a stepping stone path or a flagstone patio, growing Magic Carpet seeds is a great way to add lovely, low-growing thyme to the walkway and patio crevices. Creeping thyme ground cover is only 2 - 4 inches high, and it spreads and flowers for most of the summer. Magic Carpet thyme is perfect for edging the flower border, rock gardens, walkways, patios and in containers. The ground cover plants are full of tiny pink clusters of blooms that are attractive to butterflies. The groundcover is lemen-scented, and it is a maintenance free, hardy plant that will give years of beauty and enjoyment.
How To Grow Magic Carpet Thyme From Seeds: Sow the ground cover seeds in starter trays indoors 6 weeks before the last expected frost. Press the Thyme seeds into the soil but do not cover them. Transplant the young seedlings into the garden 12 inches apart. After frost danger has passed, creeping thyme seeds can be directly seeded in a prepared seed bed that is weed free and has had the top several inches loosened and raked fine. Scatter the Magic Carpet seeds and press them firmly into the soil. The ground cover seeds must be consistently kept moist. If weeds grow along with the thyme, it's best to ha
- Season: Perennial
- USDA Zones: 4 - 8
- Height: 2 inches
- Width: 12 - 18 inches
- Bloom Season: Late spring to early fall
- Bloom Color: Carmine-pink
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Environment: Full sun
- Foot Traffic: Moderate
- Soil Type: Well-drained, pH 5.8 - 6.8
- Deer Resistant: Yes
- Temperature: 68F
- Average Germ Time: 21 - 28 days
- Light Required: Yes
- Depth: Do not cover the seed but tightly press into the earth
- Sowing Rate: 500 seeds covers 10 square feet
- Moisture: Keep seeds moist until germination
- Plant Spacing: 12 inches
nd pull them.
This order never arrived