- Cosmos plants are tough, self-supporting, heavy blooming & easy to maintain.
- Dwarf Cosmos are bushy and compact. Grow in pots, beds, or borders.
- Flowers brightly colored, long blooming, excellent cut, and attract butterflies.
Cosmos (Cosmos Bipinnatus Sensation SeaShell) - Cosmos is one of the easiest flower seeds to grow, and it is just as easy to maintain! These gorgeous annuals thrive with neglect, and they are perfect for the weekend gardener.They are incredibly beautiful when planted in mass. A sunny location and moderate water is all that Cosmos need to perform well. Don't even apply fertilizer as it tends to produce unusually tall, lanky plants with few blooms.
Originally, Cosmos came from wildflowers, of course, and are native to our own southwest and more commonly, Mexico. These annuals also go by the name of Mexican Aster. Cosmos Mexican Aster does well in hot, desert type areas, but they easily adapt to many conditions and thrive. Cosmos are known as an excellent cut flower with a vase life of 7 - 10 days. Cut the blooms in the early morning hours, and select stems with flowers that have just opened. Remove the leaves below the water line, and enjoy a beautiful bouquet!
Directly sow Cosmos Mexican Aster flower seeds into prepared seed beds after danger of frost has passed. Sow the Cosmos flower seeds in rows, 18 inches apart. Sow 6 seeds per foot. Lightly cover Cosmos seeds with 1/16 inch of soil. Keep flower seeds moist. Thin to strongest plant 12 inches apart. Or, if you're not into measurements, Cosmos flower seeds can be scattered onto the prepared soil. Lightly rake the soil over the Cosmos seeds at a depth of 1/16 inch. Keep the Cosmos flower seed moist until germination. They perform well even when crowded.
- Season: Annual
- USDA Zones: 3 - 10
- Height: 36 - 48 inches
- Bloom Season: Summer and fall
- Bloom Color: mix
- Environment: Full sun to partial shade
- Soil Type: Well-drained, pH 6.1 - 7.4
- Temperature: 70 - 85F
- Average Germ Time: 14 - 21 days
- Light Required: Yes
- Depth: 1/16 inch
- Sowing Rate: 6 seeds per plant
- Moisture: Keep seeds moist until germination
- Plant Spacing: 12 - 18 inches
On Mar-04-13 at 15:00:56 PST, seller added the following information:
Returns & exchanges
- Custom or personalized orders
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Digital downloads
- Intimate items (for health/hygiene reasons)