Apeldoorn Elite,Tulip Bulbs
Crimson petals with a contrasting yellow edge add an extra dimension to the blooms of this enchanting darwin hybrid tulip. Prepare a feast for the eyes by planting these beautiful tulips en masse or by adding them to your spring cut flower range..
2. Planting tulip bulbs is fairly simple. Bulbs look much like a small onion, sometimes with a spike or point on one side and sometimes with wiry roots growing out of one. Plant with the spike pointing up.
3. Follow the rule of thumb when planting bulbs and give the bulbs at least 2 times their height of soil above them. Dig a 6-7 inch hole, drop the bulb into it and cover with soil.
4. Regarding the spacing between bulbs, if planting in beds, leave approx 5-6 inches between each bulb. If you are planting in containers, you can cluster them a little closer together.
5. After planting, water well so that the soil above the bulbs settles.
6. Tulip bulbs will flower in the spring. After the flowers die back in late spring or early summer, let the plant enjoy a drier, warmer rest period. After leaves die back, stop watering so that the bulb can rest.
7. In cooler zones, you can leave the tulip bulbs in the ground over winter so that they can receive their required period of winter cooling in order to flower the following Spring.